My Zygoma Reduction Surgery Review at Soda Plastic Surgery Clinic in South Korea

Featured image

Direct summary of my zygoma reduction surgery review

This is my honest zygoma reduction surgery review after having cheekbone reduction surgery at Soda Plastic Surgery Clinic in South Korea. I will share why I decided to have facial contouring, what the consultation and surgery day were like, how the recovery really felt week by week, and how I feel now when I look at my before and after zygoma reduction photos. Overall, I am very satisfied and would make the same decision again, even though the first weeks of recovery were not easy.

Why I decided to get cheekbone reduction surgery

For as long as I can remember, my cheekbones were the first thing people noticed about my face. From the front, my face looked wide and strong. From a 45 degree angle or side view, my cheekbones stuck out more than my jaw and chin, which made my profile look harsh.

In photos, especially group photos, my face always looked bigger than I expected. I often tried to hide behind friends or angle my face in a very specific way. I avoided tying my hair back tightly because it made my cheekbones look even more pronounced. These may sound like small things, but over the years they affected my confidence.

Image

I wanted a softer and slimmer face line with a more balanced midface. I did not want to look like a different person, just a more refined and gentle version of myself. After researching facial contouring options, I kept coming back to zygoma (cheekbone) reduction surgery. Reading each zygoma reduction surgery review online helped me understand what was realistic and what to expect.

Why I chose Soda Plastic Surgery Clinic

I compared several clinics in South Korea before deciding. I looked at:

  1. Experience with facial bone contouring and cheekbone reshaping
  2. Before and after zygoma reduction photos on their websites and social media
  3. How clearly the surgeons explained the procedure and risks
  4. How attentive the staff seemed in follow up care

Soda Plastic Surgery Clinic stood out to me because their explanations were clear and realistic. During my online inquiry, they did not promise dramatic, extreme changes. Instead, they focused on balance, natural results, and safety. The before and after photos showed noticeable improvement in facial width and contour, but the patients still looked like themselves.

Initial online consultation and preparation as an overseas patient

Because I live outside Korea, my first step was an online consultation. I sent clear front, 45 degree, and side profile photos without makeup, plus some photos where I was smiling. I also explained my concerns and what I hoped to achieve.

The clinic coordinator replied with a detailed message and suggested that zygoma reduction combined with careful cheekbone reshaping could help narrow my midface and soften my overall impression. They also asked about my medical history, allergies, medications, and any previous surgeries.

Before traveling, I prepared:

  1. A list of questions about the surgery method, anesthesia, and recovery
  2. Enough time in my schedule to stay in Korea for about 10 to 14 days
  3. Loose, front opening clothes for after surgery
  4. Soft foods and snacks suitable for the early recovery period
Image

They also advised me to avoid smoking, alcohol, and certain supplements like high dose vitamin E or blood thinning products for a period before surgery, to reduce the risk of bruising and complications.

In person consultation and planning at Soda Plastic Surgery Clinic

When I arrived at Soda Plastic Surgery Clinic, the atmosphere felt professional and organized. The staff spoke clear English and were used to helping international patients. After filling out forms and having some basic checks, I met the surgeon.

The consultation was detailed. The surgeon examined my face from multiple angles and explained my facial bone structure using images. They used imaging analysis to show how my cheekbones projected and how this affected my front and 45 degree views.

We discussed my goals in simple terms:

  1. I wanted a narrower midface
  2. I wanted a softer, less angular impression
  3. I wanted my cheekbones to match better with my jawline and chin

The surgeon then described a customized surgical plan. In simple language, they explained that they would:

  1. Carefully cut and reposition the prominent part of the cheekbone
  2. Slide and fix it in a slightly inward and downward position to reduce width
  3. Smooth and contour the edges so the transition looked natural
  4. Pay attention to harmony with my jawline and chin so my face did not look flat
Image

They also emphasized minimizing visible scars by placing incisions in hidden areas, such as inside the mouth and possibly along the hairline, depending on the method. They explained potential risks like asymmetry, numbness, or prolonged swelling, and how they work to reduce these risks through planning and careful technique.

This clear explanation made me feel more confident. It did not feel like a sales pitch, but a realistic discussion of what could and could not be done.

Simple overview of the surgical method

From a patient point of view, this is how I understood the procedure:

The surgeon makes small incisions, usually inside the mouth and sometimes near the sideburn or hairline.
Through these openings, they access the cheekbone area.
They carefully cut and free the outer part of the cheekbone that sticks out.
They move this part inward and slightly downward to reduce the width of the face.
They secure the bone in its new position so it can heal there.
They smooth any sharp edges to create a natural curve.

The goal is not to shave away everything, but to reshape and reposition the cheekbone so the midface looks narrower and more balanced while still looking natural.

Surgery day experience

On surgery day, I arrived at the clinic in comfortable clothes. The process started with pre operative checks: blood tests, blood pressure, and a final review of my medical history. I also had a last conversation with the surgeon to confirm the surgical plan and ask any remaining questions.

Image

The anesthesiologist explained the type of anesthesia. In my case, it was general anesthesia, so I would be fully asleep and feel nothing during the procedure. This was reassuring because I was quite nervous.

In the operating room, the staff helped me lie down and made sure I was comfortable. The next thing I remember is waking up in the recovery room. The whole procedure took a few hours, but it felt like a moment to me.

Immediately after surgery, my face felt very tight and heavy. There was a compression band around my head and cheeks. I could not see the full result because of the swelling, but the staff checked my vital signs and kept asking about my pain level. They gave me pain medication and instructions for the first night.

The first week of recovery

The first three days were the most uncomfortable. My face was very swollen, especially around the cheeks and under the eyes. I also had some bruising that slowly moved downward as days passed. Talking and chewing were difficult, so I stuck to very soft foods like soups, smoothies, and yogurt.

I wore a facial band almost all the time in the beginning. It was not very comfortable, but I knew it helped support the new bone position and control swelling. I was instructed to sleep with my head elevated on extra pillows and to avoid sleeping on my side.

At around one week, I went back to Soda Plastic Surgery Clinic for a check up. They examined my face, checked the incisions, and in my case removed some stitches where needed. They also cleaned the areas and reminded me about mouth rinsing to keep the inside incisions clean. The swelling was still obvious, but the worst pressure feeling had improved.

Image

Two to three weeks after surgery

By the second and third week, I felt more like myself. The bruising faded from dark purple to yellow and then almost disappeared. The swelling reduced, though my face still looked puffy, especially in the mornings.

I was able to eat more types of soft food and talk more comfortably. The facial band was still recommended for several hours a day, especially at night, but not as strictly as during the first week.

At this stage, I could start to see a hint of my new face line. From the front, my face looked less wide, even with swelling. From the 45 degree angle, the cheekbone did not stick out as sharply as before. However, I knew I had to be patient because the final shape would take months.

I felt okay going out with light makeup and a mask or scarf. If someone did not know me well, they might not notice anything unusual, just that my face looked a bit swollen.

One to three months after surgery

Between one and three months, the changes became much clearer. This was my favorite part of the recovery timeline.

Around one month, most of the obvious swelling had gone down, but there was still some hidden puffiness, especially when I smiled. I could return to work and social activities without feeling too self conscious. People commented that I looked "refreshed" or "softer" without knowing I had cheekbone reduction surgery.

Image

By two to three months, my face line became more defined. The midface looked narrower, and the transition from cheekbone to jawline looked smoother. My profile improved as well. The strong, wide look I used to see in photos was replaced by a more balanced contour.

During this period, I had follow up appointments at Soda Plastic Surgery Clinic. They checked my healing progress, answered questions about numbness and sensation, and reminded me about gentle care. Some numbness around the cheeks and upper lip is normal after this type of surgery, and in my case it slowly improved over several months.

Final results after several months

It took several months for me to see my final result. Swelling continues to decrease very slowly, and the bone and soft tissues need time to settle.

Looking at my before and after zygoma reduction photos now, the difference is clear but natural. From the front, my face is less wide and more oval. From the 45 degree angle, my cheekbones no longer dominate my face. They blend smoothly into my midface and jawline. My profile looks more refined, and the overall impression is softer and more feminine.

Importantly, I still look like myself. Friends who did not know about the surgery say I look more balanced and photogenic, but not "overdone". That was exactly what I wanted.

Safety, professionalism, and aftercare

Throughout the process, I felt that safety and clear communication were priorities at Soda Plastic Surgery Clinic. Before surgery, they performed standard pre operative tests and explained the possible risks honestly. They did not promise a perfect result, but a realistic improvement.

Image

After surgery, the staff were responsive whenever I had questions, especially in the first weeks when every new sensation made me nervous. They checked on my healing at each visit and gave practical advice about swelling, facial band use, sleeping positions, and when I could gradually return to exercise.

As an overseas patient, I appreciated that they were used to working with people who would eventually fly home. They gave me written instructions in English and told me what signs to watch for once I was back in my country, in case I needed to see a local doctor.

Emotional changes and confidence

Emotionally, the surgery made a bigger difference than I expected. Before, I always worried about my side angles in photos and avoided bright lighting that emphasized my cheekbones. Now I feel more relaxed in front of the camera.

I wear my hair up more often and do not feel the need to hide behind others in group pictures. My makeup routine also changed. I used to contour heavily to try to reduce the appearance of my cheekbones. Now I use lighter makeup and focus on enhancing my features instead of hiding them.

This zygoma reduction surgery review would not be honest if I did not mention the fear and discomfort in the beginning. The first week was tough, and there were moments when I questioned my decision. But as the swelling went down and I started to see the new shape of my face, I felt more and more confident that I had made the right choice.

Image

Who may consider cheekbone reduction surgery

Based on my experience, zygoma reduction could be considered by people who:

  1. Feel their cheekbones make their face look too wide or angular
  2. Dislike their 45 degree or side view because the cheekbones stick out
  3. Want a softer, more balanced facial contour without changing every feature
  4. Have realistic expectations and are prepared for several weeks of recovery

It is important to remember that this is real bone surgery, not a quick fix. You need time, patience, and a stable health condition. A thorough consultation is essential to see if you are a good candidate.

Typical Korea visit timeline for overseas patients

For international patients, a common schedule might look like this:

Day 1 to 2: In person consultation, imaging, pre operative tests, and final planning
Day 3: Surgery day and immediate recovery at the clinic
Day 4 to 7: Rest at your accommodation, return to clinic for check up and any stitch removal
Day 8 to 10: Continued recovery, reduced swelling, possible final check before flying home

Some patients stay longer, around two weeks, to feel more comfortable before traveling. It depends on your personal situation and how your body responds.

Practical aftercare tips from my experience

Here are some practical things that helped me during recovery:

  1. Prepare soft and easy to chew foods in advance
  2. Use extra pillows to keep your head elevated while sleeping
  3. Follow the facial band instructions even if it feels annoying
  4. Use cold compresses in the early days if recommended by the clinic
  5. Avoid heavy exercise and bending over for several weeks
  6. Be patient with swelling and small asymmetries; they often improve with time

Frequently asked questions I had before surgery

Does zygoma reduction surgery hurt?

With proper pain medication, the pain was manageable for me. The first few days felt more like pressure and tightness rather than sharp pain.

Image

How long until I could go back to work?

I felt presentable for an office job after about two weeks, though some swelling was still there. If your work is very public facing, you might prefer three weeks.

Will people notice I had surgery?

In my case, close friends noticed that my face looked slimmer and softer, but they did not immediately guess I had cheekbone surgery unless I told them. Strangers usually just think I look naturally balanced.

Are the scars visible?

Most incisions were hidden inside my mouth. Any small external incision near the hairline faded well over time and is not noticeable in daily life.

My overall zygoma reduction surgery review of Soda Plastic Surgery Clinic

Looking back, I am glad I took my time to compare different clinics and read many reviews before choosing Soda Plastic Surgery Clinic. Their experience with facial contouring, clear explanations, realistic before and after zygoma reduction photos, and attentive follow up care were the main reasons I chose them.

My midface is now narrower and more contoured, my overall impression is softer and more refined, and my profile looks more balanced. The result looks natural, not extreme. The recovery required patience and there were uncomfortable moments, but the long term improvement in my confidence makes it worth it.

If you are researching and reading every zygoma reduction surgery review you can find, my advice is to have detailed consultations, ask all your questions, and choose a clinic where you feel heard and well informed. For me, Soda Plastic Surgery Clinic in South Korea met those expectations.

Image

Soft call to action for online consultation

If you are an overseas patient considering cheekbone reduction surgery or other facial contouring procedures, starting with an online consultation can be very helpful. Sending clear photos and explaining your concerns allows the clinic to give you an initial opinion before you commit to traveling.

You can prepare your questions about the surgical plan, anesthesia, recovery time, and how long you should stay in Korea. A good clinic will answer honestly and help you decide whether zygoma reduction is suitable for you. That first step of communication was what gave me the confidence to move forward with my own surgery journey.

Image
Image
Image
Image

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

Revision Facial Contouring Surgery in Korea: A Practical Guide for Patients Who Already Had Surgery

Revision Facial Contouring Surgery in Korea: A Practical Guide for Overseas Patients

Facial Asymmetry Surgery in Korea: A Practical Guide to Treatment at Soda Plastic Surgery Clinic